First, as to summarizing the context and the decisions themselves:
Though I disagree with its sentiments, the Chicago Tribune editorial board had a more or less balanced, fact-based assessment of the decisions. The Economist similarly had a brief, fact-based summary of the same, and The Gospel Coalition had a helpful list of "9 Things You Should Know" about the cases.
Second, to responses and commentary:
On Thursday morning, The Heritage Foundations's "Morning Bell" was part summary, part recap of the more extended immediate commentary from late Wednesday morning. Also on Wednesday, Heritage President Jim DeMint offered his perspective on the active future of the marriage debate.
And from Christianity Today:
- From Gleanings, the news blog, reactions from legal experts
- A summary of the news and responses from ministry leaders
- CT's editorial (written by Ted Olsen), addressing the concept of the "right side of history"
- Ed Stetzer's response and thoughts on what followers of Jesus should do
- Russell Moore's perspective on what really changed with the decisions
I especially commend to you those last three pieces from Christianity Today. All are written thoughtfully and biblically, and I hope they will be helpful to people like me who are committed to proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ in this day.
Have you read any good responses to the Supreme Court's decisions? Please post links to articles, blogs, commentary pieces, and editorials in the comments section below!