Thursday, August 2, 2007

"Tied for First" and "Three More Weeks"

Good morning, world. I have two things to blog about today.

First, after last night's victory over the Philadelphia Phillies and the Milwaukee Brewers' loss to the New York Mets, the Chicago Cubs have moved into a tie for first place in the National League Central Division. If you want to get really technical, the Cubs are actually in first alone, because they have a slighty higher winning percentage. I must admit, I'm excited. This could be an exciting last third of the regular season. I firmly believe that the Cubs can get a good lead and hold it until the end of the season.

In other news, I am now down to three weeks before embarking on the next chapter of my life: college! That's right, in exactly three weeks (give or take a few hours), I will move into Traber Residence Hall on the campus of Wheaton College.

Naturally, I still have lots to do before then. I have to get myself over to Best Buy or some similar store sometime soon (alliteration not intended), I have to call the College itself and clarify a few things about the orientation schedule, and make sure that I say goodbye to all my friends properly. All that while working three shifts a week for two more weeks. It's going to be a busy August.

I did talk to my roommate the day before yesterday by phone. His name is Sam Ostransky; he's an English major from Iowa and a die-hard fan of the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago Bears. So this year should be fun.

This is Rubio, over and out.

No comments: